Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions


What is the difference between Archival style and Display style?

I’m a big fan of the little eccentricities of original art (notes, doodles in the margins, corrections, cutouts, etc.), but I know that’s not for everyone, and I know that if you want to frame a piece of art, you typically want it to look its best. When applicable, my original art pieces come folded so that excess paper (the stuff with all the notes, doodles, etc. on it) are not visible when the piece is framed. I refer to this as Display style, whereas the unfolded page is Archival style. As mentioned above, a fold in the page allows you to switch between these styles to your preference. For pages that have such a fold, the sizing in the item description will reflect the size of the piece in each of these styles.

What does “with corrections” mean?

When the materials listed on a piece of original art include the stipulation “with corrections” (e.g. “Ink on paper with corrections”) that means that there is visible white ink or correction fluid outside of the main area of the artwork. I use white ink a lot in my art, but will only list it in the situation where it is clearly visible as a correction which, while invisible in the printed work, may be noticeable in the original work due to the paper being a slightly different colour or the thickness of the ink casting a shadow. The “with pasted correction” stipulation denotes where an artwork required enough correction that instead of using white ink, I instead glued another piece of paper over the area; these cover-ups will usually be cut to existing lines in the piece, so the correction is not very obvious, but this is not always the case (always see product photo for clarification).